Today is Labor Day, a day to celebrate workers, and Dictator Donald Trump (DDT)—aka the “jobs president”—honored the hard-working people of the nation by attacking Richard Trumka, leader of the nation’s biggest union federation. Trumka dared to point out how DDT had “done more to hurt workers than to help” them and disagreed with DDT’s strategy on renegotiating the NAFTA trade pact because he might lose Canada.
- How DDT has hurt U.S. workers:
- Eliminating overtime pay for workers by dropping the salary threshold to the same one from 40 years ago.
- Attempting to give tips for waitpeople to their employers.
- Classifying workers as “independent contractors,” permitting employers to deny them benefits.
- Failing to pass legislation for infrastructure improvement.
- Signing an executive order that allows investment brokers to cheat people in their retirement funds.
- Blocking workers from the courts with mandatory arbitration clauses in employment contracts.
- Delaying and rolling back…
View original post 1,259 more words