A NZ hunter who shot a pheasant for the table found its crop full of 1080 poison

Rangitikei Environmental Health Watch

Thanks to the GrafBoys for this video clip which speaks for itself.

For those who are asking how come the bird was still alive? …  a comment from the GrafBoys: “The bird most certainly would have died, if not shot. There is a two hour or more, latent period before the effects of the poison are felt by the victim. Some animals, cold blooded, can take even longer before the poison kicks in. This bird would have been feeding on pellets in a drop area and may have flown across a forestry road where 1080 poison wasn’t laid. Often poisoned blocks are right next to unpoisoned ones.”

And were it pre feed, non poisonous pellets as some are suggesting, then that would change precisely nothing. The same bird and others like it are still going to eat the drop of real poison to come aren’t they? That is the purpose…

View original post 428 more words