“…The involvement of JPMorgan Chase is particularly interesting in a company where Bear Stearns is a 40 percent owner and Jeffrey Epstein is Chairman….JPMorgan’s involvement is further interesting because the Federal Reserve Bank of New York provided a $28.8 billion loan to take that amount of toxic assets off of Bear Stearns balance sheet and put them in a concoction called Maiden Lane LLC in order to sweeten the pot for JPMorgan Chase to take over Bear Stearns when it blew itself up with bad investments in 2008. Bear Stearns also ended up getting an $853 billion lifeline from the Federal Reserve in low-cost revolving loans that the Fed fought to keep secret along with the rest of its $29 trillion bailout of Wall Street and foreign banks during the financial crash”
The Jeffrey Epstein Rabbit Hole Just Got Deeper – By Pam Martens and Russ Martens
The backers and lenders of Epstein’s mysterious $6.7 billion company included JPMorgan, Bank of America, Sidley Austin and Natexis Banque Populaire, new findings reveal.
Jeffrey Epstein, the accused sex trafficker of underage school girls, presided over a $6.7 billion offshore company as its Chairman from November 9, 2001 to at least March 19, 2007, a period during which he is accused of committing his sex trafficking crimes against minors. The company is Liquid Funding Ltd. and it had two offshore connections: it was incorporated in Bermuda on October 19, 2000 by the Appleby law firm, known for setting up offshore companies in secrecy jurisdictions like the Isle of Man, Guernsey, Cayman Islands, and Jersey. Liquid Funding’s investment manager was Bear Stearns Bank Plc in Dublin, Ireland – a non-U.S. regulated institution, which was later merged into JPMorgan Bank Dublin.
A Securities and Exchange Commission filing by Bear Stearns, prior to its epic collapse in 2008, indicated that Bear Stearns owned 40 percent of Liquid Funding Ltd.’s equity but the owners of the other 60 percent remain a mystery. The ratings firm, Fitch, reported in 2006 that the company had $6.7 billion in outstanding liabilities. What those liabilities consisted of and who paid them off when Bear Stearns collapsed remains largely unknown, although we did track down $364 million of Liquid Funding’s commercial paper stuffed into U.S. money market funds. Two of JPMorgan’s money market funds held a total of $100 million; two Dreyfus money markets held at least $139 million; and a Frank Russell money market fund held $125 million.