15 adults have been hospitalized after drinking methanol-contaminated hand sanitizer. Four died.

Fifteen adults have been poisoned after drinking hand sanitizer that contained methanol, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reported Wednesday.

The Food and Drug Administration first warned of hand sanitizers with possible methanol contamination in June, citing nine products from Mexico. Since then, the list has grown to more than 100. The CDC recommends hand sanitizers that contain either ethanol or isopropanol, which are also alcohols, but not methanol. Hand sanitizer should never be ingested.

NBC 15 adults have been hospitalized after drinking methanol-contaminated hand sanitizer. Four died.

Ok, so what happens to kids that drink this stuff to get high? Why are there no children or teens getting sick or dying from drinking methanol contaminated hand sanitizers? This statistic stinks, because it EXCLUDES children and teens.

Very few adults would knowingly drink hand sanitizers, when they can buy alcohol legally. But LOTS of kids and teens will do this because they cannot buy alcohol legally.