- Vitamin C is an essential component of immune cell function, it has potent anti-inflammatory effects and at high doses even works as an antiviral
- Vitamin C is a foundational component of two distinct and highly effective treatment protocols developed by Dr. Paul Marik — one for sepsis and another, called MATH+, specifically for COVID-19
- According to a recent case history, high-dose IV vitamin C was successfully used to save the life of an elderly patient with critical COVID-19 infection, sepsis and acute respiratory distress syndrome
- According to the doctors who reported the case, she was the first patient to successfully discontinue mechanical ventilation early at that hospital. The median duration of mechanical ventilation for COVID-19 patients is 10 days, whereas this patient was able to get off it in five
- Previous research found IV vitamin C at a dose of 50 mg per kilo every six hours for 96 hours significantly reduced mortality and shortened ICU stays among patients with sepsis and ARDS
Dr Mercola https://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2020/08/28/iv-vitamin-c-coronavirus.aspx?